Share:

MP1 installed  

RSS

Tecumseh
(@mgdijkerman)
Active Member Customer
16/10/2018 8:23 pm  

Hi there,

It took me a while to get my first unit installed. Obviously the unit itself had to be inspected before installation so although I have received it before the weekend it took a while to get it installed.

My intentions was to equip our bedrooms with smart switches. I figured the extra couple of euro's was worth it to try one with presence detection. This does mean that the presence will not directly be used to switch the lights on and off, this would get awkward soon in the middle of the night. I am planning to use that option for disabling the lights when obviously nobody is in the room.

The reason I chose for the bedrooms (at least 2 more to go) is that this is the only place in the house where I have the desire to put in smart switches ánd also have the option to do so with the current range. In the living room I have a 4x72mm grid with 3 lightswitches (1 single/1 double), 1 powersocket and a rotary switch for the circulation. In the hall I have a doubleswitch combined with a powersocket and for the stairs a hotelswitch. Upstairs also a switch/powersocket combined (with the hotelswitch) and so on.

My suggestion for another addon would be to add the hotelswitch option for single and double switches. Although for the double switch only 1 relay can be double acting because of the 5 wire restriction.

Meek liked
Meek
 Meek
(@manyakim)
Member Admin
17/10/2018 7:10 am  

First of all, thank you for your support! We surely hope you enjoy using our switch.

With regards of turning the light off when no movement is detected :
I’ve just made some basic adjustments to the existing rules, so please adapt to your wishes :

In “Rules Set 1”:

on Touch#Button=1 do
if [Meek#Touch]=0 and [Meek#ResetTouch]=0
gpio 4,1
TaskValueSet 3,1,1
Neopixel,1,50,0,50
timerSet,3,3
timerSet,1,120
timerSet,2,0
else
if [Meek#ResetTouch]=0
gpio 4,0
TaskValueSet 3,1,0
Neopixel,1,50,50,50
timerSet,1,0
endif
endon

In “Rules Set 2”:

on Presence#Detection=1 do
if [Meek#DisableDetection]=0 and [Meek#Touch]=1
Neopixel,1,50,0,50
timerSet,1,120
timerSet,2,0
endif
endon

on Rules#Timer=1 do
Neopixel,1,50,50,0
timerSet,2,25
endon

on Rules#Timer=2 do
gpio 4,0
TaskValueSet 3,1,0
Neopixel,1,0,50,0
endif
endon

With regards to your suggestion for a Hotel Switch ; it’s already supported, hence, we have this setup working on several locations.

This is basically the toggle function (“on toggle do…”) in the rules. You can send a toggle command from 1 or multiple switches, to the unit(s) that are attached to the light bulbs that you want to control.
The reliability of this setup is highly dependent on your Wi-Fi stability. Without Wi-Fi connection, the units cannot send-, or receive toggle commands.

This post was modified 5 months ago 7 times by Meek

ReplyQuote
Tecumseh
(@mgdijkerman)
Active Member Customer
17/10/2018 4:08 pm  

What I ment was that it would be nice to be able to use this switch on 1 spot in a hotel switch configuration while the other switch was not a Meek. Those would be the ones we can't changeover yet (switches with powersocket and so on)

ReplyQuote
Meek
 Meek
(@manyakim)
Member Admin
09/11/2018 7:39 pm  

Thank you for your clear communication, unfortunately this is not possible.

Only way that you could archive a hotel switch, is with at least a second Meek switch. With 2 (or more) Meek switches, you are able to create a hotel switch with the Toggle command.

ReplyQuote
Tecumseh
(@mgdijkerman)
Active Member Customer
14/11/2018 8:55 pm  

After some weeks of testing I am currently working to get this unit to cooperate together with openhab2 (I am still a novice at openhab). 

For this I have the following code for the home.items file:

Switch FF_MasterBedroom_Light "Light" <light> (FF_MasterBedroom, gLight) ["Lighting"] {mqtt=">[localhost:/Meek/cmd:command:ON:event,LightsOn],>[localhost:/Meek/cmd:command:OFF:event,LightsOff],<[localhost:/Meek/Meek/Touch:state:ON:1],<[localhost:/Meek/Meek/Touch:state:OFF:0"}

And this is the home.sitemap file contents for the switch:

sitemap our_home label="Our Home" {
Frame label="First Floor" icon="firstfloor" {
Group item=FF_MasterBedroom
}

Frame {
Text label="Light" icon="light" {
Default item=FF_MasterBedroom_Light label="Master Bedroom"
}
}
}

For the feedback to work it is important that the TaskValueSet 3,1,{value} is followed by the TaskRun,3 command to ensure the updated state is immediatly sent over to the mqtt broker.

The one problem that is still bugging me is that somehow this MP1 unit is unable to get me the weblog although I have set the Web log option to debug. On the info page it keeps telling me the web log option is set to none. Is there a hidden option value anywhere that would prefend me from setting this option?

This post was modified 4 months ago by Tecumseh

Meek liked
ReplyQuote
Meek
 Meek
(@manyakim)
Member Admin
19/11/2018 7:25 pm  
Great to see some development based on openhab.
I have to admit that we do not have extensive experiences with openhab, yet.
So thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

For the logging, we have not made changes to the firmware, it’s a stock (development version) firmware.
On the newest devices, we have compiled and flashed the development firmware with the addition of NeopixelBusFX plugin (  https://github.com/djcysmic/NeopixelBusFX  ).

For logging ;
Serial log Level: Info 
Web log Level: : info

This should give some insights of events and or external triggers.

ReplyQuote
Close Menu

Cart

Working

Please Login or Register